Community Crisis Fund Guidelines
The Chase Hawks Memorial Association (CHMA) provides financial assistance to individuals and families in crisis.
The CHMA Crisis Fund Grant Review Committee is comprised of community volunteers who evaluate and prioritize grant requests. Grants are processed on a first come, first served basis within the constraints of the budget. CHMA grants are typically under $500; higher amounts will be considered in extenuating circumstances on a limited basis. Funds are distributed on a non-discriminatory basis in Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, and South Dakota; with priority given to requests from communities where funds are raised.
To be considered for a crisis fund grant:
- A current application must be completed
- A current referral must be provided
- Supporting documentation must be provided (a bill, doctor’s note, etc…)
- Applicant and referring agency/individual must be able to provide additional information if it is requested
CHMA does not fund:
- Medical bills
- Legal fees or matters currently before the court
For crisis fund questions, please call 406-671-5209.
DOWNLOAD IN WORD:
DOWNLOAD IN PDF:
Return Application to:
PO Box 31333
Billings, MT 59107
FAX (406) 869-1719
All applications and referrals must use the 2016 forms provided here. Forms dated from prior years will no longer be accepted.